Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Blogger's Beginning

I'm a copy editor, and I've told everyone I'm not a writer, so we'll see where this goes. Dave and I are preparing for our "epic" journey - a month-long trip to France (June 28 to July 29) with pitstops in Monaco, Spain, Andorra, Switzerland and Italy. We get to see the Mediterranean, the French Riviera, the French Alps, the Swiss Alps and more. Let's just hope we don't get to see any pave' along the way (that's French for 'pavement' for all you Americans!). We bought the tickets - I thought there were bargains out there for European trips, but I thought wrong! We rented the mobile home (I'm hoping this home/car/dining room on wheels is a bargain because the sticker shock still hasn't gone away). The pups are staying with our incredible breeder in Green Bay (we LOVE them), which means we're flying OUT of Green Bay (damn the 10-hour drive, but we can sleep on the 15-hour flight!). Liz gets the cat back. We've got someone to watch the house, mow the lawn. We bought the maps, tour guides and French phrase book. With a month-and-a-half to go, we're in pretty good shape, right??? .... ah, no! Now Dave is buying his biking gear. A new bike box, a new crank (isn't he cranky already?), building up the Merlin so he can decide if that's what he wants to take (was THAT in the deal????), new wheels (??), etc., etc. Hmmmm, something's fishy here.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not really against this, but........
    I hope they know about the unknowns that will crop up. Julie has assured me that they have all the in's and out's covered.

    Now about Mr. Murphy and his law........

    Good Luck.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete