Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Nebraska headwinds = French Alps

So as I was finishing the ride Julie referenced on Sunday I was trying to convince myself that the headwinds in Nebraska are somehow a reasonable stand-in for climbing some ridiculous mountain in Andorra or France or Switzerland. Ignorance is bliss and I'm going to keep it that way for 5 more weeks and just keep looking for another 30 mph "Nebraska Clipper" to keep me in good humor. This weekend I will get to hit some good climbing outside of Baltimore when Julie and I go to meet our new grandbaby! Mike (our son) and Jenny (our daughter-in-law) are getting the action started with labor induction at 5:30 am tomorrow. Mother nature just wasn't getting the job done so a little pharmacology is in order. I think we will all have a restless night anticipating the big news tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment