Tuesday, July 28, 2009

And ... to top it all off ...

OK, why would this adventure NOT end like this? We arrive in Minneapolis yesterday and, in order to pass through customs, you need to do the pre-requisite passport check, but you also need to collect all your checked luggage and recheck it as it's your first stop in America. We get through passport (they didn't ask me if I had "anything to declare" so I couldn't give them the comment I had rehearsed ... "I declare that I will never drive a motor home in France again." Dang. Anyway, we went to get our luggage and ... none. Not one piece of luggage made it. Dave's bike box and three pieces of checked luggage. Nowhere to be found. Great ...

Couldn't do anything about it there, so we head on to Green Bay where we were exhuberantly greeted by my dad and Aunt Windy. Yes, I kissed the ground, too, glad to be home. But again, no luggage. Yeah, I think the luggage decided to spend another day in Europe!

So, here we sit ... no luggage save for the carryons (thankfully, I kept all the camera, laptop and other electronics with me). We have to leave early today (Tuesday) for Omaha, so they're going to have to fly everything to Omaha. This will be fun. Stay tuned for how quickly it takes to get everything!!

Like I said before, why WOULDN'T it end like this!??
- Julie

2 comments:

  1. I'm just glad YOU made it home safely...Yea and Hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the posts, you both are great storytellers! Glad everyone made it back safe. I look forward to having a beer (or two) with both of you and hearing more about it.

    Dave, congrats on completing the "TOUR" Your now in an elite goup- Tour Finisher!

    ReplyDelete