Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Just a few more things ...

A couple more random thoughts ...

4. Getting yelled at by a French man is hilarious when you don't understand them. The gesticulations, the verbage, the enunciation, the total lack of caring that you don't understand-just so that they think they get their point across. The one day that I did drive, I had to go through a toll and was lost (I needed to go the other way on the toll road). I tried to ask the guy, and I think he was telling me that if I couldn't speak French, I shouldn't be driving. I whole-heartedly agree!

5. The French are also the GREATEST at flipping you off! Fred got the MOST enthusiastic flip off we've ever seen. Can't remember the town or even the situation, but the flip off was memorable.

6. Despite #4 and #5, the French are very happy to help. They've helped Dave many times when he's needed directions and one older man even stopped beside the motor home as we sat momentarily at a stop sign trying to decide where to go an asked if we needed help. Jerry said we were traveling the Tour route and he pointed us in the correct direction, which was just a bit up the road.

More things I'm sure to come ...
-Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment